10 Things To Do With Kids at The Carlsbad Flower Fields
The Flower Fields at Carlsbad Ranch are a fun place to visit with kids! There are lots of activities, most of which are included with admission.
1. Enjoy A Passport Stamping Activity
2. Take An Antique Tractor Wagon Ride
3. Walk Through A Sweet Pea Maze
4. Play at Santa’s Playground
5. Try Gem Panning
6. Take Pictures In a Beautiful Setting
7. Check Out the Birds In the Aviaries
8. Learn About Flowers and Plants
9. Enjoy and Appreciate Nature
Wandering around the grounds is a great way to enjoy and appreciate nature. Field trips are available for schools, and FREE Educational Activity Sheets, related to gardening and such, are available for download. Scroll toward the middle of the page for links.
10. Get Exercise While Exploring the Grounds
The Flower Fields consist of 55 acres, so there’s lots of room to walk around! Be sure to wear comfortable walking shoes. It’s a great place to get some exercise while exploring with kids.
Open March 1 – May 12, 2019
The Flower Fields are open daily from 9am-6pm daily, March 1 – May 12, 2019. They offer free parking, and allow you to picnic in designated areas. Be sure to check their website for entrance fees and further details. As mentioned in our other post about The Flower Fields, the fields bloom in patches. If you’d like to check blooming conditions, call 760-431-0352 x3. We can’t wait for our annual visit! Perhaps we’ll see you there!