LEGOLAND Death Star Display
The LEGOLAND Death Star has landed in the LEGOⓇ Star Wars™ area of Miniland USA at the popular Carlsbad theme park! We were invited to attend the media unveiling of the new model, and were very impressed by the new addition!
Facts About The LEGOLAND Death Star Display
• The LEGOLAND Death Star took 8 LEGOLAND Master Builders 1800 hours to build. That’s the equivalent of 1 Master Builder working full-time on one project for an entire year!
• The LEGOLAND Death Star is based on the design from Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope.
• The new model is surrounded by a slew of LEGOⓇ starship models consisting of over 20,000 LEGOⓇ bricks.
• The Death Star has 6 animated planet destroying Turbo Laser Turrets.
• The planet shaped model includes interactive buttons that can be pushed by kids of all ages.
• The Death Star weighs 1900 lbs, is 8 ft wide, and is 13 ft high!
• This new display is the largest major addition to date in LEGOⓇ Star Wars™ Miniland.
Starship Building Station Next To The Death Star
Next to the LEGOLAND Death Star is a new LEGOⓇ Starship Building Station, filled with lots of neat assorted LEGOⓇ bricks for guests to use while at the building station in Star Wars™ Miniland. Our 7 year old son was immediately drawn to this area when we attended the Death Star unveiling, and built a pretty incredible LEGOⓇ starship himself!
LEGOLAND Master Builder Tim was so impressed when he saw our son’s LEGOⓇ starship that he placed it inside the LEGOLAND Model Shop, located right behind the Death Star. Our son was thrilled, to say the least! We’ll be peeking into the window of the Model Shop on our next visit to see if it’s still there within view.
Explore LEGO Star Wars Miniland!
The LEGOⓇ Death Star is located in the Star Wars™ Miniland area of LEGOLAND California. This area has so many cool LEGOⓇ Star Wars™ displays and is the home to the yearly LEGOⓇ Star Wars™ Days, where guests can spend the day participating in Star Wars™ related activities. If you’re a big Star Wars™ fan you’ll want to designate part of your day to viewing all there is to see in this area, including large LEGOⓇ models of popular Star Wars™ characters and different scenes made of LEGOⓇ. Be sure to have your camera ready!
The Death Star Display Is Included With Park Admission
The new LEGOLAND Death Star display is included with admission (or your yearly pass) to LEGOLAND California. More info about the new Death Star, as well as other information about the Southern California amusement park can be found by visiting the official LEGOLAND website. Be sure to bring your LEGOⓇ Minifigures to trade while you’re at the park! Perhaps we’ll see you there!
Many thanks to LEGOLAND California for inviting us to view the unveiling of the Death Star.